Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Submissive Writer

Hope everyone had a spectacular Easter weekend while I was off with my family. Unfortunately I had so much fun on Sunday that I forgot to get on here and post.

Please forgive me as I get into the swing of blogging on a regular basis. My goal is to be posting things on a daily basis as much as I can, but that is going to take some self-discipline on my part. All part of a learning process.

I've talked about how I role play with people before, which has been an interesting experience as I've had quite a few partners over the last few years. Almost all of the time, I have been the Top in our play, as my partners are overall very submissive and I have plenty of fun being the spanker.

But every once in a while, things don't fit into the norm. One of my best friends in the world was an experienced role player who identifies primarily as a switch, especially in RP. As someone who occasionally likes to play the Sub in a relationship, I was delighted by this. So we went about creating a universe primarily based on X-Men: Evolution, a cartoon we both fell in love with during our childhood (and one of the best cartoons to watch with your Spank Goggles on). We took several characters each, some Subby, some Toppy, and some that just fell somewhere in the middle.

The last year has been an interesting journey for us as players, as we've gradually come to realize that we just enjoy things more when she is the Top and I am the Sub.

For someone who has gotten farther and farther away from being a Switch in the last few years, that's a bit of a surprise. But a very happy one. And the truth is, while I may not be as Submissive in real life, playing the spankee in online RP is a very gratifying and almost natural thing for me.

I've written quite a few spanking stories, and I've found that the narrative tends to be stronger when written from the perspective of the one getting in trouble. Someone getting spanked has a larger emotional range that they can feel in a story than someone doing the spanking, so it's freeing to have more room to have a character feel one way or another during my play.

I think that's really the thing I've realized about this particular friend of mine. It's not play so much anymore, but we are writing stories together, and we gravitate more to writing these specific roles as they play to our specific strengths.

Or maybe I'm just gradually reverting back into the role of being in a full-time Switch. Who knows?

The other thing I wanted to do with this post is ask a question. If any of you are loyal readers, would you like me to post stories on a regular basis? These stories will be spanking related and not deal with explicit sex, though they will often be romantic in nature. I'm even willing to take requests, within reason.

3 comments:

  1. It's remarkable that so much of spanking literature is written form the submissive perspective, regardless of the author's persuasion. I remember being shocked when I found out the authors of some of my favorite stories were dominants. As someone who barely understands my own side of this, I am fascinated by those who can relate to both sides. Stories from the dominant perspective are rare, though I can think of a few excellent examples. When done well, these are the most intriguing to me.

    I've found most of what you've written so far to be very interesting, and, as I tend to prefer stories without explicit sexual content, I think I would enjoy your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to write from both perspectives as much as I can, but the Top's emotions tend to be pretty much the same every time out. Submissives have emotional responses that run the gamut, so they get more embellishment and thus are more fun for me to write. They can hate it, they can love it, they can be genuinely sorry before it starts or need to be broken into repentance.

      And wonderful. I shall get around to writing them as soon as I can. Do you have any particular request?

      Delete
    2. Submissives are more fun ;)

      I'll have to give some thought to the requests. In general, I tend to most enjoy stories that involve a mentoring dynamic, though there are plenty of exceptions.

      Delete