Saturday, March 16, 2013

Keep Calm and Think of Spanking

This weekend has been an exercise in patience for me. For context on this post (and I'm sure ones to follow), I currently work in retail, though I shall be mum as to what store and where just for privacy's sake. I actually love my job there as the people I work with are some of the nicest and most dependable I've met in my life. I'd even call several of them good "friends" and not just co-workers. And for the most part, my guests don't get on my nerves too often.

This week is an exception. The weather is beautiful in Kansas and it is SPRING BREAK, which means there's a ton of bored teenagers and even more noisy, undisciplined children following their only slightly less noisy and probably LESS disciplined parents around. Which means we get a big mess all over the store.

When I say "a big mess", I mean that if Jackson Pollack painted "Godzilla Destroying Tokyo", it would be less of a mess than my store was this weekend.

Now, I don't mind busy. I really don't. I like making money and I like having things to do. I just wish that people were polite and picked up after themselves and watched their kids. It's not that difficult to do. I come from a family of six kids, and let me tell you, my parents had us on a nice, polite leash and they never had to resort to yelling or threatening us. If we put a toe out of line, one look was all it took.

So, just in case my future wife happens to be reading this, I'm giving you fair warning. When we go shopping, you're going to be putting shoes back in the box and in the spot they go in. You're going to be folding clothes the way they should be folded and in the spot they go in. You're going to throw drinks and food boxes in the trashcans and not leave them on the shelves. And if you decide you don't want something, we're leaving it in our cart and giving it to the cashiers so they can put it up later, and not have their store look like a pig sty.

And if you don't, you're gonna have a sore, red bottom when we get home. Count on it.

Speaking of spanking, I don't know how I'd get through days like this if I wasn't a spanko. I'm sure I'd find some way to cope, of course. But what I know is that when I get stressed at my guests and want to yell at them, I take a deep breath and follow my simple rule.

"Keep calm and think of spanking."

Spanking is a major source of stress relief for a lot of spankos. As a Top, spanking is how I get out all of the frustration and stress of my day-to-day out in a healthy, positive way that my friends, and one day my spouse, can enjoy. It allows me to vent and relax. And just thinking about that helps me to keep my temper under control.

I also think about Subbing when I need to calm down, which is one of the few times I think about me Subbing in a positive light. There's something to be said for the fantasy of letting someone else worry about everything for me, and all I have to do is get spanked. I'm sure you've probably read that on a hundred blog posts already, but there's a reason for it. Spanking relieves stress in a fun, intimate way.

So yeah. KCATOS. Keep Calm and Think of Spanking. It'll save your life. Expect to see this acronym pop up in future blogs, as I've fallen in love with it.

1 comment:

  1. KCATOS....I like it! Will have to keep that in mind when the work-stress kicks in.

    ReplyDelete